Make a Donation
At the Bermuda School of Music, we believe in the benefits of music. A not-for-profit registered charity 483, we work to overcome financial and physical barriers to make music accessible to all, especially our children.
We rely on the support of Island businesses and individuals to make dreams happen. There are many ways to donate:
- Make a donation In Memory Of a friend or loved one
Donations will support the following programmes:
- Bursary Programme
- Every Kid Can! - Community Education - Suzuki Strings (Victor Scott Primary & Purvis Primary Schools)
- Nurture Movement Therapy - Community Education - Music and Movement Therapy in support of mental and physical health within our vulnerable communities
- Some Enchanted Evening - Annual Concert with all net proceeds towards the Bursary Programme
- Steel Pan - Community Education - Steel Pan Orchestra
- Suzuki Gala Concerts - Supporting Suzuki Bus Tours (both local and overseas tours for our students)
- Winds for All - Community Education - Woodwind & Brass (Cedarbridge Academy, The Berkeley Institute, Whitney Institute)
- General Operations
- Bricks and Mortar
- In Memory Of
- Lunch Time Concerts
- Tile Donations - Sizes 4"x8" and 8"x8" offered
Click here to donate online using PTix.bm - Please select a “ticket value” and quantity (multiplier) that represents your donation unless otherwise specified.
Click here to donate online, if you are a US Taxpayer, using GiveBermuda.org (Bermuda Community Foundation). Please select - Make a U.S. IRS Tax Deductible Charitable Donation. Please specify which programme / event you wish to support.
For online bank transfers please contact the Adminsitration Office on +1(441)296-5100 ext. 206 or email@example.com
Community Education – Every Kid Can!
Mission: To impart discipline, cooperation and respect through Suzuki violin instruction.
Teaching Suzuki Violin to every student at Victor Scott Primary and Preschool focuses on discipline, respect and cooperation. In 2015, we began to enter students into the RCM Prep exam and, to date, every student who has taken the exam has passed. This proves that students can achieve success when given an opportunity. In September of 2016 we added every P1 and P2 at Purvis Primary to the programme.
Community Education – Nurture Movement Therapy
Mission: Music and Movement Therapy in support of mental and physical health within our vulnerable communities, enhancing the quality of life for those who participate.
Music, with its capacity to spur brain function and heighten the senses, has always played a vital role in therapy for our vulnerable persons.
Community Education – Steel Pan
Mission: To reinforce our cultural diversity by providing opportunities for Bermudians, both young and old, to develop skills and gain exposure through live performance.
The School’s Steel Band has become one of the leading Steel Bands in Bermuda. The goal of the group is to provide opportunities for positive group interaction, music expression and music literacy. They have been featured in numerous high profile events, including the America’s Cup.
Community Education – Winds for All
Mission: To offer opportunities to explore an alternative instrument as a supplement to regular classroom music lessons.
The Winds for All programme offers students at schools such as Cedarbridge Academy, The Berkeley and Whitney Institute free group lessons. Students are able to develop their talent or simply enjoy the opportunity to make music as part of an instrumental wind ensemble.